Positive savings habits are important to begin at an early age. VECU offers savings programs to specifically benefit youth members 22 years of age and younger. Parents can easily open an account for their child as a joint owner. An initial $5 deposit is required to open a Youth Account to begin saving for the future.
- No minimum account balance fee
- No monthly service fee
- FREE online account access
- FREE access to fun financial games and activities online. Click here to learn more!
- As joint owners, parents have complete access to their child’s account which includes the ability to transfer money to the child’s account through VECU Moneylink.
- Dividend rate bonus* paid on Youth Savings Accounts in addition to VECU’s base dividend rate.
Good Grade Drawing:
Each grading period VECU rewards two students with a $25 savings deposit for earning good grades on their report card! To enter, just drop off a copy of the youth member’s report card to any VECU office after the grading period. Each A, B, S, or E earned counts as a drawing entry! (Limit of 6 entries per child per grading period.)
*Youth Savings Accounts will earn Apple Plus Member dividend rates on account balances of $4,999.99 or less. Youth Savings Accounts will earn Apple Platinum Member dividend rates on account balances of $5,000.00 or greater. The minimum average daily balance to earn APY is not required on youth accounts. Click here to view VECU’s current savings rates.