Virginia Educators Credit Union recognizes the importance of education. Therefore, we welcome our graduating high school seniors and educators to enter our scholarship essay contests each year.
Click on the links below to download the scholarship applications currently available to VECU members:
- W. Phil Wynn Scholarship — $1,500 scholarship awarded to a graduating high school senior who has been accepted and plans to attend a four-year college or university.
- Kenneth B. Bennett Educators Scholarship — $1,500 scholarship awarded to a full-time educator who teaches at a school located within the credit union’s field of membership.
Completed application materials are due to the credit union no later than 5:00 p.m. Friday, March 3rd, 2017. (Next year applications available January 2018.)
Application materials may be submitted by one of the following methods:
- Dropped of at any Virginia Educators Credit Union branch location.
- Mailed to: Virginia Educators Credit Union, Attn: Scholarships, 12626 Nettles Drive, Newport News, VA 23606.
- Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All scholarship applicants, excluding full-time educators, must submit a sealed copy of their transcript with their application and have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of a 3.0 or higher. Scholarship applications must also be accompanied by a one to two page essay that is typed and double spaced.
Scholarship winners will be notified in March and announced at VECU’s Annual Meeting.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions or need any additional information about VECU’s scholarship applications.